Tips for an easy summer birthday party
Posted on July 18 2018
Summer birthday parties are the best, in my opinion, given you don't end up with a rainy day, of course! Nonetheless, there are endless activities you can do outside with a group of kids!
Here are a few fun party game ideas for your child's summer birthday party!
1. Obstacle Course: gather some items from around the yard, like the watering hose to be set up as an obstacle to jump over, hula hoops jump in, gardening string to 'balance on', balls and buckets to throw them in. Split the group up and have a race!
2. Bubbles & Chalk: these 2 items can keep my kids occupied for hours. Sidewalk chalk is so much fun for everyone! You can draw little roads that they can follow along, have everyone draw a huge jungle scene together, or even have them draw each other! Super fun for photo memories too.
3. Rent the park shelter: Many local parks have a little shelter area with some tables, so you can pack a cooler and let the kids run free through the park or the splash pad!
4. Water Toys! Sprinklers, water balloons, water table, slip n' slide, blow up pools... need I say more? This will keep them busy until they are starving for cake :)
5. Bike Parade: bring out the crafts and let the party kids decorate their bikes! Once they are done, have a parade around the block. Bonus points for letting the neighbours know ahead of time so they can set up their lawn chairs!
For outdoor decor, you don't need much either! A few balloons strung to a deck or the house and this cute banner that you can customize, voila! Easy peasy.
There are so many things you can plan for summer parties. I think I'm keen on them because I've had to plan too many winter parties, where venues get expensive, and cramming all the kids into the house for 2.5 hours gets messy and crazy. The freedom of the outdoors makes the party planning easy and the children have more space to frolic, jump and scream with joy!